Thursday Touch Ups

Thursday Touch Ups

Hey Guys!
Bonjour la gang!

How are you doing? Ça va?
I am so happy it is summer. Yes I have been waiting for the sun to shine and invigorate me with vitamin D. Unfortunately, we had more rainy days than sunny days which  its great for the garden but not so much for patio girls night out, you know!! Let's be positive though, the temperamental weather forces me to plan my days and always have a plan B.
My favorites quotes of the week:



I am a firm believer of that. I was having a conversation with one of my friends today about a healthy diet.  Let me be honest with you, I was under the impression that most people make an effort to introduce more fiber, vegetables, nuts, protein and possibly reduce dairy intake as part of adulting. Haha. I did not feel that everyone ate healthy because they enjoy it but rather because they had too. I had the pleasure to go to the Carrot Community Celebration. Would you believe that the beans salad (I do not like beans) was delicious and filling? I started to think “What if I try to be vegetarian for 21 days?” Have you thought of changing your eating habits? I need to do it gradually- if not I will not stick to it. Well I think I will try the challenge in August, I need to prepare myself mentally.  For 21 days, I shall not eat meat, no bacon, no steak, no chicken, yes no chicken because it is meat too. ah! Oh Mon Dieu! God helps me. Hahaha. My friend shocked me by stating she actually enjoyed eating clean, natural healthy snacks. A sweet tooth person as myself has to constantly maintain nutritious balanced meals. Let’s try more recipes or add ingredients to create flavorful plates. Flavor God spices anyone? 



One thing that we have to figure out as we grow older is what helps us to relax and decompress. Fitness helps me maintain my sanity. I recently experienced life changing events forcing me to stop and re-evaluate my goals, mid-annual review. Running is the method that allows me to release all my anxiety. What is yours? Can you imagine that I had been suffering from plantar fasciitis for 2 weeks? I had been stretching and applying Tiger Balm until I finally attended a physiotherapy session. Now, it’s the third week and thank God I feel better- I have a race soon, July 15. I recommend you to check out Myodetox. www.myodetox.com They have a wonderful group of dedicated and knowledgeable staff. Ask for Jonathan Lee. Let them know Ashleeloveit (Ashlee Mac) sent you when booking an appointment. Trust me you will not regret it.



 Doesn’t the picture make you wonder where this plane is heading? Do not hesitate and wonder- go ahead and treat yourself to a trip instead of the latest fashion.  This past weekend all throughout Canada there were multiple activities and wonderful fireworks. There were fireworks at Nathan Phillip Square four days consecutively accompanied by a surprise live performance by Drake. Were you there? Become a tourist in your city, if not just follow me on my Instagram at Ashleeloveit. You will have a glimpse of where to go and what to do.

Bisou mes Amis,
Bisou Besties,

Ashleeloveit

Comments

Popular Posts