Tuesday Travel- 1st Post

Welcome to the new Tuesdays Touch-Ups edition

Hey Besties! Hi Guys!
Bonjour la gang!

This is a new blog series. I am constant wanderlust, unable to stay idle. I am always planning the next trip or escape. I decided to do this from the inside-out meaning let's start with my beautiful hometown. I was born and raised in Montréal, Québec. While I was growing up I never noticed how unique and different Montréal was from other metropolitan cities within Canada. How so you would ask? I think Montréal and Québec cities are like a taste of Europe in Canada.

There are many historical monuments and churches. The architecture of the cities and houses are based on the french culture and inspired by ancient draftsmen. This created a rustic and medieval look to the city. I would say summer time is the best time to travel there.

Welcome to the winter Edition.
So excited about the weekend starting, this was MOI saying "Bonjour la gang, I am here, je suis la".
First stop was The W-Hotel. Such a pretty hotel, Friday night the lounge is crowded accompanied of good music and great drinks.

Pictures taken from: http://mtltimes.ca/Montreal/social-life/montreal-times-travel-destinations-and-reviews/w-hotel-montreal-citys-recently-upgraded-luxury-hotel/

What come next after a couple drinks? Hunger!!! So we decided to get a poutine at the restaurant La Banquise, downtown Montréal.

Let me tell you it was the BOMB, so delicious and filled that empty hole that was in our stomachs.
The following day, we started the day right with typical "déjeuner, Crêpes" at my favorite breakfast spot, Dame Tartine.

We needed a bit more subsistence, so we ordered some more, This call for BACON!!
Next stop was one of the best view point to see the whole city, which is the "Belvédère of Montréal"
It was a really cold day but the view was worth freezing our fingers for a bit.  
The cold did not stop people to participate in winter sports. You can still go biking; you just need the right tires.
We had the pleasure to meet those 3 musketeers who did not let the snow stop them and encourage us to do the same. Do not let the cold stop you from staying active and going outside.
Next, we decided to explore the only place where you can discover various animal from 4 different Ecosystems
THE BIÔDOME: 
So First Stop, Can you guess by the Picture below.

My reaction when we changed ecosystems.






We really felt that we were in a forest up North or in Banff, Canada.




After travelling through the various ecosystems we had to try the famous Montréal smoke-meat from Schwartz

We finished the night by indulging in a sweet delight at Juliette et Chocolat
 Some street art, cool, right?!
The last Day, we slept in, took a moment to meditate and to reset our minds to prepare ourselves to start another busy week.
We ended our night at the Old Port of Montréal by participating in my favorite winter activity, ice skating. For a hopeless romantic like me, it is one of the best things to do on a Sunday night. So boys are you taking notes? Hahaha.


My nephew and I cheering my girl on the ice ring to do more pirouettes.
We had to try hot maple syrup place on ice and serve on a stick.

We had a succulent homemade meal.

This was a glimpse of my end of the year trip, so If you want  tips or a list of activities to do, please a comment below and subscribe.
Bisou for now!!
My Motto: Go for it! Do it! Love it! That's it!




Comments

Popular Posts